John McCarthy qualified in 2001 and is a property litigation lawyer working in the property litigation team, which is managed by Adrian Falck.
John specialises in property dispute resolution and has extensive experience in acting for companies, banks, developers, tribunal appointed managers, LPA Receivers, administrators, managing agents, and individuals in resolving commercial and residential contentious property issues.
Examples of the work John has undertaken are:
- 1954 Act business tenancy renewals
- Dilapidation claims
- Rent review issues
- Advice and action on property related insolvency issues
- Arrears recovery – forfeiture/peaceable re-entry/CRAR
- First Tier Tribunal Property Chamber applications including residential service charge disputes, lease extensions, enfranchisement, and manager appointments
- Adverse possession
- Possessions claims
- Right to manage
- Enforcement of security and asset management
- Claims for breach of covenant/Section 146 notices/contractual disputes
- Property insolvency matters
In addition John has chaired a committee for a regulatory body, and was also appointed as a technical checker for a manual on Liquidation used by professionals preparing for the Insolvency Practitioner examinations.
John is also a member of the Property Litigation Association.